- Introduction to Mindfulness / Somatic Yoga / Embodying Wellbeing
- Value add of becoming more present, centered, grounded
- Why practice ‘taking in the good’?
- The importance of self-care
- Self- Regulation – respond rather than react
- Playfulness & fun
- Inner Calm – activating the relaxation response
- The Brain and Neuroplasticity
- Compassion and loving kindness
- Sustainable healthy habits – a balanced life
Sample Learning Outcomes: Participants will
- Learn how to establish deep levels of relaxation and calm
- Learn how to heighten levels of vitality and aliveness
- Gain experientially knowledge of being: grounded, centered & present is
- Develop an understanding for the importance of self-care
- Gain practical skills in the ‘how to’ of self-care & self-regulation
- Develop a stronger sense of self – body and mind
- Recognize and develop tools for honoring one’s own limits
- Gain a greater appreciation of playfulness & lightheartedness
- Establish a more loving relationship with self and others
Sample session format:
Sessions may include some of the following.
- Introduction and theme overview
- Brief description of theoretical background for exercises
- Experiential practice
- Concluding Reflections
Classes and workshops are designed to meet the specific needs of individuals and the group as a whole. Duration of sessions vary from ½ hour to 1- ½ hour. A suitable room or space to practice in is required e.g. board room, class room, meeting room or lecture hall. Participants need to wear loose, comfortable clothing. Yoga mats are recommended but not essential.
Feel good in spite of everything
Contact Kerrie Tooth to book an appointment.